Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Ham & Cheese Spread



This is a little recipe I made up several years ago to take to a company dinner and it was a big hit. 

My hubby loves this and asked me to make it so I thought I'd share the recipe here. This recipe makes a ton of spread so its great for large crowds or a very hungry husband.
It is great served on veggie crackers, celery sticks, carrot sticks, chips or used as a sandwich spread.

Ingredients:
  • 2 8oz packages cream cheese
  • 1 16 oz package cooked chopped ham
  • 1/2 finely chopped onion 
  • 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 16 oz bottle Ranch salad dressing


Ingredient Suggestions:
- I use Farmland cooked fine chopped ham
- I have also in the past used sliced deli ham and chopped it myself
- cooked crisp bacon crumbles is also great in this as a substitute for the ham
- Green onions are also great to use in this and adds a bit of color
- Wild onion greens if available are fantastic!

Directions:
Cube cream cheese to make it easier to work with and place in medium/large mixing bowl.
Add ham, onion, cheddar cheese and depending on how thick you want your spread to be you might start with 1/2 the bottle of dressing and just keep working a little in until you get the desired thickness. Keep in mind once refrigerated it does thicken up and becomes more solid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment