Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Blues..


It was pretty hard for me to get into the spirit of Christmas this year and I really don't know why.
Usually I have my Christmas tree up right after Thanksgiving but this year I debated about even putting one up.
I wonder if its because we're still childless? I know a lot of other infertile couples who struggle during the holidays because of "empty backseat syndrome". But, after going on 8 years of this - I've kind of become numb to it. So no, I don't think that is quite it.
Is it because we live a couple hours from all of our friends & family so the likelihood of anybody even seeing it (other than us of course) is slim to none?
We swore we were doing Christmas at our house this year but, we can say that til we're blue in the face but that doesn't mean its going to happen. So, again we will make the trek to our hometowns and spend it with family.
This year I simplified our decorations. Usually it looks as if Christmas threw up all over our home. Including a mini tree in the bathroom. Not this year. Just the basics.

Merry Christmas everybody.
I hope everyone has a blessed year and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment